Subject: [Leica] Non-Leica...Canon Lens
From: "Dave Olson" <ckrosebud@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:23:07 +0000

Attention: Ted (senior citizen)

From: Dave (senior citizen)

Subject: My comments regarding a Canon 17-40 f 4L lens. As I stated at the
beginning, I use different cameras and formats for that matter. I own two
M6TTLs complemented by 4 lenses. For their intended purposes no comparision.
However since I also shoot a lot of macro, scenics and wildlife where I have
the need for longer or macro lenses, then it's Canon. I also have an OLD
Nikon FE with an assortment of AI/AIS Nikon manual focusing lenses that I
dig out once in a while. When 35mm will not give me  what I want, I reach
for my Pentax 67s and if I want 6x6 my old YashicaMat 124G.
Having been reading LUG digest for some time I have seen people talk about
sealing wax, cabbages and kings. Following my posting I noticed comments
regarding the Canon D10 digital. By the way I had several emails from LUG
readers, who use Leicas but also Canon.
'The purpose of communication is to inform or pass on ideas.'

Dave Olson