Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 50mm/2 DR from 1958
From: "Don R." <don.ro@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:31:12 -0500

I would expect the DR to resolve more lpm but not be as contrasty as the new
version 50mm Summicrons.

The DR Summicron metal was machined by craftsmen while the new ones must be
scrap from a high school metal working shop project. I have been totally
unimpressed with the "Leica" craftsmanship when compared with that of the
real Leica "Leitz."  There is just no comparison regarding the metal work.

There was pride of ownership when the equipment was made by  "Leitz" but
that is now missing and I have not purchased "Leica" equipment for over ten
years.

Enjoy your DR.

Don R.