Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Dayton Hamvention
From: Michael Fletcher <kl7ixi@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:16:30 -0700

      Actually there's a thriving business in selling "Glowbug"
transmitters and receivers at hamfests. Remember the Ameco AC-1 QRP tube
transmitter? About $25 for the two-tube kit with plug-in coils. One
recently went for more than $4,000 on eBay.
Nowadays the fun is building small QRP rigs into Altoid cases and other
containers. It's possible for a new ham to have a transceiver on a band
for less than $25 + connectors. It cost a lot more when I got a license
in 1964.
      Unfortunately I can't say the same about the new M4 body I bought
in 1972 as a GI for $250, sigh.
73,
Michael Fletcher KL7IXI