Subject: Re: [Leica] word on the street - changes to MP already!
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:37:09 -0400

AM Neis wrote:
> Rolfe,
>
> I confirmed the info with my rep.  And yes, only the ISO speed dial will
> be changed to get rid of the DIN numbers.
>
> In the M7, the ISO dial has only one arrow and ISO speeds are shown
> plainly as 6 to 6400 whereas in the current MP, there are two
> arrows/scales.  When you set the MP/M6/TTL to ISO 6, you see the arrow
> pointing to ASA 6 and the other arrow pointing to 9 DIN or the reading
> is ASA 6/9 DIN.
>
> My rep said that early MP (2003)  will surely increase in value!  Wel,l
> only time will tell......
>
> Regards,
> Annie

Annie,

Thanks for the clarification.

Perhaps just my perspective, but this certainly doesn't seem like a big
deal :-). OTOH, this IS the LUG, so obviously there will be differing
opinions. But unlike the shutter speed dial, the ISO speed dial doesn't
really affect the ergonomics of the camera. To be honest, I didn't
realize that the DIN numbers were even still in use.

Thanks,

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014