Subject: Re: [Leica] copyright violation
From: "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:19:59 -0400

Hello again, gang:

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Bridge" <abridge@mac.com>

> This is especially true for music as Napster proved and there is a
culture, a
> growing culture, amongst the young that says its just fine to take
someone's
> music, photography, video and use it as you will. Simply because they WANT
it
> and don't want to pay for it.

Michael Josephson, founder of the Ethics Institute that bears the names of
his parents, calls this the disfunction of the "IDI generation."

Their syllogism goes like this: "if I want it, I need it; if I need it, I
DESERVE IT." Thus, IDI. How many television ads have we seen, luring us
with: "you deserve a new ........" fill in whatever you please, Cadillac,
Rolex, Mont Blanc, Tiffany diamond.

I taught my daughter never to fail to distinguish between what she wants and
what she needs. And that she only deserves what she has earned. She deserved
praise when she did something praiseworthy. She deserves to own a BMW - if
that's what she wants - when she has earned enough money to buy one (or has
earned enough parental affection to suggest to us that we want to give her
one).

End of rant.

Seth            LaK 9