Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 13:42:01 -0400

> Much as we may hate to admit it, the future is clearly digital. There
> are too many pluses.

> -Lew

....I have no doubt that for many people that is true, but, is also true
that for many of us, we will continue to shoot film. Especially when you
consider that for many decades millions of film cameras have been sold
(somewhere I read that photography is the #1 hobby, worldwide) annualy. it
makes no sense to think that all those people are getting ready to throw
their Nikons, Hassleblads, Leicas or whatever in the dumpster so they can
shoot with digicams that become obsolete about every year. I will be
continueing to shoot film for many years with simple Leica Ms because that
simplicity to not having to think about various program modes is liberating
for me to be able to think about the picture and NOT the mechanics of taking
the picture.

sl