Subject: RE: [Leica] ASPH Flare and harsh Bokeh
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:20:17 -0400

But I stand where I do on the Noct, Jim,not because a Noct once splashed
my pants as I stood curbside on a rainy morning, not because a Noct woke
me up early when I had gone to bed late, but because I have seen dozens
and dozens of Noct images posted on this list and have seen bokeh that
looked like psychadelic donuts, and images that had a bizarre, cut out
quality, as though the subjects were paper shadow puppets dropped in
between painted foreground and background. Yes, I have also seen some
lovely images - but I wouldn't ever want to depend on a lens that might
give me Jim Morrison's breakfast visions. ;-)

I am also covinced that the lens is often used by those who own it,when
any number of other lenses would produce a better image,simply because
they feel the need to justify the investment.

Best,
B. D,