Subject: Re: [Leica] DOF tech stuff was Digital Aesthetic
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:08:18 -0700

Exactly.  And that's my problem with digicams that use small sensors.
Smaller chips require shorter focal length lenses to achieve the same field
of view.  Shorter focal length lenses yield more depth of field.  This is
really the extent of the point I was originally trying to make (very poorly,
I admit).