Subject: Re: [Leica] R lenses on digital bodies
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:29:19 -0700

At 09:40 AM 4/25/2003 +0100, Frank Dernie wrote:
>Yes Scott I have been using Leica R lenses on a Canon D30 and have just
>changed that for a 10D. The lens has obviously to be use in stop down mode
>so is only of use hand held near wide open. I have 28, 35, 50, 80, 100 and
>280 R lenses. The only ones suitable for use on the adaptor IMO are 280
>and macro on a tripod. The others aren't worth it.
>cheers

Very interesting, I only have M lens and no R lens, is it because the R
lens don't have any DOF aperture preset type of button? Someone over at the
OM list just got an OM-EOS adapter for 10D also. The OM lens have a push
down DOF lever so he can preset it that way. It's manual aperture but he
can use them all. Apparently the VF is not too dim until f5.6 or smaller.
He is getting some nice pictures too.

I guess possibly the Canon may become the "universal" body for all these
companies not providing a viable digital solution.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>