Subject: RE: [Leica] Was Found a pre-owned MP already Now Tax stuff
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:58:31 -0400

> But if I buy something from
> Honest Clem's Fridge Emporium and Clem delivers it I do not pay the tax
> because Clem's only store is in DE - or at least he does not have
> one in PA.

Hum.  I'm not sure about that one...if the store delivers it with their own
truck, no matter where it is, I believe state sales tax is due.  If it is
shipped by a carrier not owned by the store, none is due.  At least that's
my understanding.

Here in MA, if you go up to Nashua, NH, where there is no sales tax, and buy
an item, from say, Sears...which is RIGHT on the border, literally.  Sears
can only deliver it to a certain point in the parking lot, without having to
charge you MA tax...  But, if you carry it your self to your car, there is
no tax.

Austin