Subject: RE: [Leica] backyard brushpile
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:53:39 -0600

Doug--

Why aren't you fond of that background of the brush pile for the Towhee?
That photo is quite lovely; I enjoy the subtle similarities of the colors
and values. I think it really captures what you've said about the bird's
habitat, the color, how it blends in with the surround. Really brings out
the colors of the bird as they are echoed so nicely in the colors of the
brush and sticks. It is as if the bird is painted, and the background is the
palette. The color of the legs seems to have been painted from that pool of
burnt sienna just to the left and down from the perch.

Thanks for these. Just marvelous. Have you ever used any of the VS films for
photographing birds? How does it perform?

Kit