Subject: Re: [Leica] Bulk film & Nikon 4000
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:14:27 -0700

At 02:58 PM 4/23/2003 -0700, Adam Bridge wrote:
>Nope - it's of interest to me and I suspect others who have not done full-roll
>scanning. I can see reasons for keeping the film as a roll and reasons for
>cutting it. So knowing how someone has approached that problem may well be of
>general interest.
>..

As I said, I do bulk scanning. After that, I cut them up into strips of 6
or 7 frames and put them into archival slide storage pages. I am also
starting to print contact prints to go along with the storage pages. I
haven't needed to archive any scanned images yet as the hard disk is not
filled up, but it is getting there. When it does, I will just write the
files to a CD, may be store everything (CD, contact print, slides)
together. So it is not as convenient as shooting purely digital, but I
think I have the best of both worlds - archival slides and the convenience
of digital workflow. The major lacking thing is the immediate feedback but
the joy of the analog cameras (M7 and the Olympus OM-4T) outweighs that for
now.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>