Subject: [Leica] Re: Meterless
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:18:03 -0700 (pdt)

I've probably used an incident meter about 98% of the time for the past 25 years. Providing the meter is calibrated to your actual film speed and shutter it is very dependable for front light and open shade. Experience will tell you just how much to point it toward the light source in high angle or side lit situations. In strong backlight I usually stop down a bit from the reading otherwise you will get very open shadows and everything else flared out. Works for me. Testing to fine tune your technique in various lighting situations is always recommended.

 BTW, the Gossen Luna Pro Digital is a really nice incident meter. About the size of a pack of cards. And if you need a reflective reading, just slide the dome to the side. Simple.

Regarding an earlier posting, I once heard a pair of the Avantgarde loudspeakers powered by Audio Note (Kondo) Gaku-On amplifiers. Musical heaven.

Robert

Robert