Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Dominent bow eye & camera eye different -- is that weird?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:17:56 -0700

Well lads I've always been left eye dominant... the only one I see by! :-)

There was sight there at one time but it just deteriorated and today it's
merely a very weak scene.  However, as many think seeing with only one eye
is a handicap it's far from it and for a photographer can be a great asset!
Why?

Well I see the world as the camera sees it, 2 dementional and if you don't
think that's an asset, let alone an advantage over all good sight two eyed
folks, you're sadly mistaken. It's a huge advantage because we don't have to
deal with the three D effect at everything you folks look at.

Let's say my condition unfortunately was hell when driving stock cars,
midgets and sprints many years ago as there's many a driver who had a good
whack in the ass going into a corner because he backed off too soon and I
went charging into the corner with no fear! ;-)

Tom Abrahamsson's Rapidwinder was the best thing that ever happened to me as
a left eyed M shooter, sure I had purchased three Leica M motor winders over
the years and sold them all, junk equipment! Well I sold two, gave the last
one away to an unsuspecting M user, however he thought it was great. :-)

Dominant eye was obviously the left eye without a problem. On the rifle team
throughout high school and eventually in my armoured Regiment I held the
highest marksmanship honours for many years, yep and deadly at a 1000 yards!
:-) Gotta tell you, that one eye is beauty! :-)

And without question, has aided my ability to see and capture the
photographic moments I have for over a half century as a professional
photojournalist.

There you go eh? ;-)
ted

Message from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: Dominent bow eye & camera eye different -- is that weird?)