Subject: RE: [Leica] Uncertainty Principle
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:47:18 -0600

Doug--

Love those stairs in Hogwarts! Gosh, what a fabulous use of special effects
to absolutely dazzle all the children, and inner children of all us old
warts! I cried when I saw the first Harry Potter with my ten year old son.
Thought to myself, "finally, a REAL kid's movie!"

Yes, I see what you mean about the work you do with the critters (always
gorgeous, by the way), and that's just a very vivid, real-life example of
how we do influence the "picture," or the big picture, so to speak. I still
think the quantum physics example still applies. Your critters are just
bigger particles and waves--what Alan Watts called "wavicles" in one of his
famous talks--and they do arrange themselves according to what you are doing
in their field of reference. Same thing with the teeny-tiny particles and
waves, I guess. If we look for waves, we'll see waves; if particles, then
particles. But who is to say that life on a much smaller scale than even the
hummingbird or the ant doesn't sense our presence and "show" itself
accordingly? I think your example is a good one to make us realize that the
earth is alive in all regards, every little bit, and it responds to our
presence in ways both subtle and profound, even when we can't detect it. The
hummingbird is just a visible example of what goes on at every exponentially
smaller or deeper level.

Kit