Subject: RE: [Leica] Passport Warranty periods
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:10:01 -0600

Marc--

Howdy, and good morning.

Okay, on purchasing extended warranties, if your camera is still covered
under Passport, you can buy an extended warranty at any time during the
period that the Passport warranty is valid. If you have a Passport plan,
that implies that you bought the camera new, that is, with the Passport
registration included.

Now, if you bought the camera as a demo, it may be eligible for coverage
under an extended warranty. The Leica so-called "Code-U" samples, those used
by reps to demonstrate the cameras and lenses, usually come with a one-year
"white," or standard, warranty. They are not eligible for Passport Plans
(generally speaking). Your dealer can tell you if the camera she/he sold you
is eligible for an extension to that warranty. We recently sold a few
cameras and lenses that were mint samples from our rep that were eligible
for an extension, so those customers now have three years of
standard/international warranty protection.

Talk to your dealer about the extension, and see what he/she says. If you
can't get an answer, talk to me, and I'll see what I can do for you.

Regards,

Kit