Subject: [Leica] Film types
From: Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:01:20 +0200

Dear Group -

I have a few fairly basic questions regarding the types of film to use.
It might even be a little to general for this Leica forum, although I
will be using the film in a M6. Hope this is okay...

Basically I would like to know the arguments for choosing slide film
over negative film (or vice versa). I have heard that slide film is more
sensitive to exact lighting, but that's about it.

My general processing practice is to have the film developed and scan
the negatives (Nikon Coolscan III), so I basically do not care for the
slide-projector argument too much.

A related question concerns black and white photography. Do I obtain
best results if I purchase actual B/W film, or can I just as well use
colour (slide/negative) film and convert the scans later in PS?

If there are pointers to documentation on this issue, I would be pleased
too!

Thanks up front!

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>