Subject: Re: [Leica] Lisle-Kelco to Lose Leica Distributorship in Canada
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:11:02 -0600

I have had it confirmed too. L-K appears to be going bankrupt. All
stock will be shipped to Leica USA who will then become the Canadian
distributor. This is not good news for Canada as in the past, when
Leica USA was also the Canadian distributor, product availability and
service was very poor. There are signs that another independent will be
looking at taking over in Canada again. Unfortunately Kindermann is not
being considered due to personal animosities between them and Leica AG.
I say unfortunately as Werner was a born again believing Leica
distributor with the best repair staff of any Leica distributor in the
world. Fortunately Kinderman still repairs Leicas.

John Collier

John Collier