Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Slide/Print viewers
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:38:30 -0400

Richard,

For slides I use a variety of dedicated slide sorters.  All of them operate
at 5000K.  My slide come in plastic sheets which I first sort on a sorter
big enough to hold all 36-38 slides from a roll.  I use that near a trash
can to toss any that exposure of focus are off.

Near my scanner is a Gepe which will hold an 8.5X11 inch sheet for general
selection.  I also have one of those 4X5 inch battery powered tablets which
I sometimes use to make a final decision between two or three similar
slides.

As an aside, I usually take several days to digest internally what I think
about an image.

For prints I have a 300W halogen torch reflected off a white ceiling to view
work prints.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com