Subject: Re: [Leica] The best 'slow' 400mm going!
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:01:00 -0700

on 4/11/03 5:50 PM, Edward Caliguri at caliguri@rcn.com wrote:

> I have a chance to buy the focus tube alone for a very
> low price, and may have it 't mount' converted to Nikon for digital.

Easier still if you can find one, is the visoflex version of the mount tube.
Stephen Gandy sells several viso-to-whatever mount adapters.  The R version
can also be adapted to Canon EOS with Novoflex's adapter.  I've also heard
of some folks just removing the R mount and attaching an Olympus mount.
Since the R flange-to-film distance is one of the deepest there's no problem
getting infinity focus this way.  The lens will probably focus a bit beyond
infinity, and you'd lose a tiny bit of near-focus but you wouldn't confuse
the lens' distance scale 'cuz IT DOESN'T HAVE ONE!!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com