Subject: Re: [Leica] Paterson FX-50 developer
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 09:54:18 -0700

I had great results with Pan F - the developer stretches the tonal
range a bit, and that is good for me as I often find Pan F to be too
contrasty. I had much more printable highlights, and a softer overall
curve, using the standard soup-mix. Shadow detail was still good, I
think the major benefits were in highlight control.

I have had less than stellar results with Delta films though, and have
not done the full regimen of experimentation that I should on FP4 or
HP5. But, the Pan F worked very well using the standard times and
temps, and I also went a little longer (10%) and saw almost no
difference. It is a nice, convenient developer, but not my general
purpose soup (still looking for that ideal developer for daily use -
ID11 is the closest I have come so far).

Good Luck,
- - marc