Subject: Re: [Leica] Jazz Fest, Natchitoches
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 10:48:37 -0500

From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
http://www.sonc.com/jazzfest_2003.htm
> Sony,
>
> Nice shot. It speaks a lot about the town. I think many of your
shots do.
> I'm very happy with the night performance of my D100, although I
usually
> shoot more with digital than film for the same reasons you
mentioned. Did
> you use a tripod, or tree? Reminds me of the Blues Fest in Chicago.
:-) What
> is the big building just left of center?
>
> Sam Krneta

I just sat the camera on the bridge rail.  I should take the Leica
tabletop tripod with me more, but I often "find" tripods when I need
them.

The big building is a bank, and I regret it is there. I once
photoshopped an entire floor out of it to make it less imposing.
http://www.sonc.com/Natchitoches.jpg

I wish the architect had done the same.  It replaced a lovely
building.  In truth, the front view from the street is not bad,
unfortunately, they didn't realize it had to be viewd from the other
side of the river as well.

Thanks for your comments.

Sonny