Subject: Re: [Leica] Show images
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <jgp@gilplant.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 10:49:41 -0500

What, no captions!? :-)

Two points:

1. Not one of these photos requires that we know anything beyond what
is in the photo itself.

2. It's really good to see an undiluted portfolio. It's not a
documentary (though I  believe that I've seen some of these in the
documentary series from which they came). But taken out of their
textual  context, the pictures work in and of themselves simply as
pictures - see point one above.

So B. D., it is very good to see you practicing what you preach. Very
nice work.

Gilbert