Subject: Re: [Leica] Black M4
From: "leirex@access4less.net" <leirex@access4less.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:20:58 -0500

As far as I know, there are five versions of the black M4, black paint,
black chrome Wetzlar, black chrome Canada, 50 Jahre black chrome Wetzlar,
50 Jahre black chrome Canada.  All of them are rare, the black chrome
Canada being the rarest (only a couple of hundreds or less) followed by the
50 Jahre black chrome Canada (only 350 made).  I remember that the black
chrome version started being made in 1972 pushing their serial numbers in
upper 129xxxx but most of them that I have seen were all 13xxxxx.  This is
to the best of my knowledge off the top of my head.

Regards,
David Lee