Subject: [Leica] Prion Diseases pose no threats to Leicas!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 15:19:52 -0500

Yes - it's an urban legend.
I hope this brain consumption thing is done with. Yes - some cultures did
consume ancestral brain remains. That's how Jacob-Kreutzfeld disease, the
human form of "Scrapie" or "Mad Cow" disease was first discovered. I'd even
stay away from Haggis nowadays. Years ago I had it and it's pretty good, but
I would not take a chance now. Prions are very hard to eliminate, even by
cooking. Cameras are immune - so photograph others eating the stuff!!
    Ed

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Prion Diseases pose no threats to Leicas!)