Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:10:07 -0800 (PST)

I agree, reprimand would be more appropriate. However,
firing the photography AND then PUBLICIZING it, makes
me wonder whether LA Times is using the opportunity
for some self-publicity. For one thing, the "firing"
of the photography might or might not be correct, but
making it into news in itself have no basis.
Especially, there's other more newsworthy war stories.
The way I look at it, LA times couldn't care less if
this had happened during times of peace, and the
reason ? -- who would care. I still think the
photography in this case is a scape-goat from some
self-righteous bigwig who saw a perfect opportunity
for some other self-promotion.