Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 07:42:07 -0800

But BD, the comment I made was that this is precisely what written word
journalists do.....  why 2 standards?  Is it beacuse you are a photographer
that the standards are different, and more robust for the photographer?  Why
is it not OK that the paper would publish a 1 side point of view on the War
itself?  Omission is OK but commission is a sin?

I think the comments about the power of the paper to influence, is one that
we all accept.  They do this through selective reporting, and I believe is
an editorial driven point of view.   I think I accept that the
photojournalist is entitled to the same standards, and thus my opinion that
his work was acceptable as it did not in my opinion and in my memory, not
change the .meaning of the point of time.

BTW, I do believe that for breaking the rules of the LA Times, the guy
should have been reprimanded.  FIred?  Maybe, if it so states in the rule
book.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

What is with you folks? Unacceptable to say 'submit only those photos
that you exposed, and none of those that you composed?'

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] fired for photoshopping)