Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:09:28 -0500

Amen.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Steven
Alexander
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 8:58 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

At this point I have not looked at this creation of an event by a
photographic artist utilizing the technology of the day.  I do not need
to see the artistic creation to arrive at the conclusion that it is not
photojournalism but photo-story telling.  Again, my opinion is based on
my personal experience of 35+ years as a photojournalist for leading
national and international news organizations.  I will later look at the
images and make some judgement as to their artistic value. But viewing
them(it) will not change my opinion that reporting visually events does
not include creating new points of view from several images to create a
conceived event. It equates to a wordsmith taking separate events
combining them to describe an event that never occurred.  Those words
would be referred to as a lie.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander