Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:49:33 -0800

While I agree with BD that to break the rules you work under ( LA Times )
you should be fired, I would hope that the same would be true of the
writer-type journalists.  In their case, they just "heard it wrong"......
In the photographers' case, he is without ability to excuse himself.

BTW, if you actually saw the images ( LA Times today, page A6) you would
notice that the actual changes made did not change the intent or message of
the photo.  It improved the image.  Now, if he had submitted the unaltered
image to the paper, and sold the changed image to someone else, he would
have his job and $$$ too, and maybe, a Pulitzer.

Funny how breaking the wrong rules gets you in so much trouble.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] fired for photoshopping)