Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] Daily dose of Spring #2
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 20:02:44 -0800

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Mark
>
> In context of your first four paragraphs, your last paragraph
> makes absolutely no sense to me.  Did you make some
> error?
>
> How can you say that  "it does the photographer no credit"?
> It got his message across to me perfectly.  I say to him, "good
> job".
>
> Address any political replies to the other lug forum.
>
> Jerry

I felt that the picture was being misinterpreted as a big flag waving
kind of thing.
I didn't feel as if it was that political of a statement. I thought it
was very much about subtlety.
It is more political becuase of the fact that we happen to be in a war now.
When you're in a war and there's a flag in the picture then the picture
is a big pro war patriotic statement.
But the same image during time of peace is not seen as a political
patriotic statement. It's just a picture that has a flag in it.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: SV: [Leica] Daily dose of Spring #2)