Subject: Re: [Leica] Shellac
From: Martin Howard <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:22:57 -0800

Joseph Codispoti wrote:
> I make extensive use of a foam and fabric adhesive; essentially a
> rubber
> cement product.
> This industrial strength  product is a very tenacious bonding agent
> that is
> used in the automotive industry.

I'm not sure I want a "tenacious" bond!  I want something that is going
to allow me to remove the leather at some point in the future (I may
get sick of dark-red lizard ;) so a contact glue (or somesuch bond) is
out.  Classic camera repairers appear to use amber shellac, with
pliobond (rubber cement) as a close second.  The rubber cement
appearantly leaves a smell of rubber... which I'd rather do without.

Replies: Reply from oddmund <> (Re: [Leica] Shellac)