Subject: Re: [Leica] Your Daily Dose of Spring
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:15:08 -0800

Don Dory wrote:

> Spring is in full bloom here in the American South.  Once again, the streets
> and cars are yellow and pink from pollen and cherry blossoms.  I guess it is
> time to post a bunch of flower pictures, one a day.
>
> This year, I am going to try things that have not been real successful for
> me.  This project starts with a backlit tree with the glowing blossoms
> framed and referenced by black limbs.  This is an image that I am somewhat
> happy with.  I suspect it is one of those images that take on a life of
> their own once they get over 16X20.
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1389378&size=md
><Snip>
I have the same tree hanging on the wall in my Kitchen!  A 6x9" image on
an 8x10 pice of paper(darkroom)

I shot it way back when I had my Tele-Elmarit to prowl around my streets
with. It was Delta 400 in Xtol and is at this size virtually grainless.
It's a vertical. (Portrait:)

Yours looks kind of crusty posterized but i still like it.
I'd use maybe a longer lens. Which is what I'd' done on my shot which
I'm so darned happy with.

Which made me realize the single most successful shot I've ever done was
done with those blossoms.
http://www.rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Heatherbigbangblossems.html

Most of my friends think this was my best shot period.
It's been labeled in my things "Mark Rabiner's best Photograph."

Shot on color neg i normally print it in black and white.
In black and white it packs some weight, in color it's kind of pretty
pretty pink flowers (and pretty young girl)
sorry for upstaging you a little on this thread.
But you said blossoms!  :)  (It's a certain kind of blossom though)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Your Daily Dose of Spring)