Subject: Re: [Leica] Peter Moss
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:09:59 -0800

Oddmund wrote:

> He [Peter Moss] is off the LUG now, because he understood how infected
> this place is/can be and what a spilling of time it is.

Here are the facts:

1) He posted a link to a website showing gruesome war wounds without
any hint in the email what the contents of the web site were.

2) Someone (I believe several people) commented that it would have been
appropriate to warn potential link-clickers what they were about to see.

3) Peter Moss reacted to this by spewing political rhetoric, accusing
everyone on the list of sticking their head in the sand, calling the US
an "Empire", referring to Bush and Blair as "Führers", and calling all
Germans "treacherous".

4) Several LUG members reacted negatively (as can be expected) to this.

I'm sorry, but the only person who was acting in an "infected" way was
Peter Moss himself.  We usually welcome newbies and new subscribers
with open arms, provided they understand that this is a list primarily
for the discussion of Leica cameras and photography and behave in a
civilized manner.  When someone comes on, brandishing a flamethrower
and blasts away with their first message to the group, they'll find out
that we are NOT a bunch of meak, quiet individuals who never speak our
mind.

As far as I can tell, Peter didn't have the brains to act in accordance
with commonly accepted netiquette and didn't have the balls to survive
the consequences.

M.

Replies: Reply from oddmund <nomansland@altern.org> (Re: [Leica] Peter Moss)