Subject: [Leica] OT tripod choice for M6TTL
From: Frank Farmer <frankandaubrey@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:54:34 -0600 (CST)

Greetings all,

Does anyone have experience with the Gitzo 1126 or Gitzo 1226 tripods?  What I want is a sturdy yet light tripod (I don't want to spend the cash for a carbon fiber tripod) to use with my M6TTL.  I want it to be small enough that it packs easily so that I won't be inclined to leave it behind when I need it.  Anyway, I use a tiltall right now and find it to be too much - though it will support my heavier equipment.  So, that being said, does anyone have experience with either of these two models?  Pros/cons of either?  All comments appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

By the by, I realyze and accept the fact that the M6TTL is not a camera that is often attached to a tripod, but sometimes you just can't avoid it.  :-)

Frank

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] OT tripod choice for M6TTL)