Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 12: Drooling over Harleys
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:16:32 +0100

Hi Daniel,

Most Harley riders do not ride very much, they spend much more time
polishing the chrome than actually riding. And if as much as a cloud
appears in the sky--forget it! It is quite common to see pickup trucks
(or SUVs) with Harleys on the trailer heading to events like the Daytona
Bike Week, pull over 10-20 miles before the destination so that the
owner can triumphantly ride into the venue as if he had just come from
New York or wherever. So if your concern is about motorcycle safety, you
should worry much more about owners of the crotch rockets--they actually
ride their bikes, and at speeds that a Harley rider can only dream of...

Me, I am more of a BMW or Ducati kind of guy, but current budget only
allows for my Suzuki GS500.

Nathan

Daniel Ridings wrote:
> My wife calls the Japanese cycles: Sewing machines. They just don't have
> the right rumble (and she's short ... can reach the ground from a Harley).
>
> Nice to look at, but I worry about people riding them.
>
> Thanks!
> Daniel
- --
Nathan Wajsman