Subject: Re: [Leica] Entry level non-Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 17:54:11 -0800

Mickey Rosenthal wrote:

> It is a late reply, but nevertheless:
> I see with my myoptic eyes differences on 10*15 cm prints ( Reala) -
> My 1972 35 and 50 mm summicrons are better then the 35S Sonnar in nearly every
> respect -
> resolution, contrast and color.  Only flare control seems better with the Sonnar.
> The Sonnar isn't bad.  The Summicrons seem to be excellent.
>
> Mickey Rosenthal

I got a little lens shade for my Rollei but it REALLY slows up getting
the camera out of your pocket and starts to defeat to purpose of the
thing. But I use it half the time. My first lens, a 50 Summicron was
made in 1992. A removable shade, one of the last the current ones have
built in shades.

Talking about shades and you were talking flare control.
Using a shade?

And the worst of all combination IMO; a UV filter with no shade.

Oops! I just figured out this was on list! Glad I didn't type out swear
words or whatever.

Mark

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Entry level non-Leica)
Message from Mickey Rosenthal <michelr@inter.net.il> (Re: [Leica] Entry level non-Leica)