Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo 100 and bellows
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:29:38 -0800 (PST)

Aram Langhans <langhans@compwrx.com> wrote:

> I have a novoflex bellows for R3/4.  All my lenses fit just
> fine except for my APO 100/ROM.  I cannot twist the lens into
> the mount.  It is almost like the space between the body of
> the lens and the lens flange is narrower

Optically, the 100 APO wasn't designed to work on a bellows or with extension tubes.  The 100 APO also doesn't fit on the Leicaflex Standard because the camera's battery compartment cover interferes with the lens' aperture ring, even though my lens is 3-cam and fits the SL fine.  This may be another reason to keep your 90/2.8.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com