Subject: [Leica] Re:digital printing (was Canon i950 review)
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:07:36 -0800

Peter Klein wrote:

> Hope this helps,

It certainly does, thank you.  I stumbled across a thread on Photo.net
(or whatever Greenspun's photoshrine is called these days) entitled
something along the lines of "When will we get good, consistent,
reproducable digital B&W printing?" and with some heated exchanges in
it.

I think, so far, the most promising (and least "technical") solution
appears to be print using only the black ink.

The i950 is almost too smart: I've got to figure out how to "cheat" the
printer into only using the black ink, while still using a good
diffusion algorithm.

Interestingly enough, there is an option "spot colour" in the printer
settings... but it is permanently dimmed and you can never select it.

M.