Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summilux from KEH, should I complain?
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:39:57 -0800

Oil on aperture blades, nicks on barrels, small scratches on elements
pretty much all fall into the same category.  There are basically three
options for dealing with it:

	a) Get your knickers in a twist, work up an ulcer, loose sleep, time,
and possibly
	money by worrying weather it will affect your images -- conveniently
forgetting
	that unless you shoot at the optimum aperture, on a tripod, critically
focussed,
	in perfect lighting, on slow film, developed at the optimal contrast
index, and
	perfectly printed, chances are it isn't going to make any visible
difference;

	b) Send the thing back unless you're 100% happy with it for the price
you paid
	and get a refund;

	c) Take pictures.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but (b) or (c) seems a hell of a lot simpler to me.

M.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] 35 Summilux from KEH, should I complain?)