Subject: [Leica] Canon/Leica combos
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:49:37 -0500

I would tend to agree - buy a used D60 to experiment. Or a D30 (I use a D30
to fun around with, and it's great -- you should see it using the 560 Apo
Modular!
    But -- Don't think that a Leica digital SLR is THAT far off ... rumors
abound, but a few are, at least in my mind and from whence they came, You
won't have to wait that long. And when it does show up, because of all that
has gone on before it, it will be a beauty. Until then - film (and film
camera batteries!) can hold their own against all comers. I do wildlife -
Ever recharge your batteries in the field - in your truck? Nice and loud.
That's why I need to carry SIX charged R8/9 motor batteries for three
cameras for a day's shoot at times. A royal pain in the rear.
    Ed

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Canon/Leica combos)