Subject: [Leica] Re: Flash Aperture, [ was Which Leica ?, M5, M6TTL, or M7 ]
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:05:22 -0800

The M7 manual says
         3. Set the desired aperture or that required for the appropriate
distance between camera and subject

The Metz 54 MZ-3 says
         (TTL mode)... ISO film speed  f stop are only required for correct
distance and flash range indication on the LCD and are therefore irrelevant
for TTL flash shots...
         [ OK this makes sense....]

So I guess I can use the Metz LCD panel as a guide - punch in my f-stop and
ISO, if the distance is > than the actual, then I am OK. If not, select
different aperture.

Yes?