Subject: RE: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, M6TTL, or M7
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:10:30 -0500

> It makes it more convenient to use flash, as the camera will cut off the
> flash when the film has received enough exposure. You do not need to set
> anything on the flash. This, of course, provided that you use a
> dedicated flash like the Leica SF 20.

Right, Nathan, but does it really give any advantage over regular automatic
flash, if you don't use any filters?  It certainly has better scene
detection, as it's actually seeing what it is you are shooting, and an
automatic flash isn't as discriminating...but I'm not sure that really
matters.  I've never really had any bad flash shots with regular automatic
flashes, and I haven't noticed that the TTL flash gives me any better
pictures.  Granted, I don't use flash that much.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, M6TTL, or M7)