Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R on Canon digital
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:02:34 +0800

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>; <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 7:24 AM

> You will probably have to go for the 1D or 1Ds to get interchangeable
> screens and brighter finders.  The screen on my D2000 is interchangeable
> and excepts the 1N, 1V, 1D screens.
>
> On the other hand, if I was to spend the type of money required to get an
> EOS 1D or 1Ds, I would rather wait for a Leica digital and have the full
> use of my Leica lenses.

Hi

don't mean to be cynical, but u might have to wait for a few years for a
Leica digital :)

IMHO, if u have a need for a digital now, the best way to do is either a 1D
or 1Ds. Yes they will depreciate but the 1Ds looks pretty future proof for
at least the next 3 years. Plus it accepts your current investment of R
lenses!

Boon Hwee