Subject: Re: [Leica] glitch in 35 f1.4?
From: "John O. Newell" <jnewell@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:41:06 -0500

> was such a lens and this is not an uncommon occurrence in Leicadom

I bought a 90mm Tele-Elmarit in the mid-80s that had a very
pronounced tight spot just before infinity (or just after,
depending...).  It made focusing near infinity extremely
difficult.  The lens was purchased new and returned to NJ
*three* times for service, but was never fixed.  I did try
exercising the lens but never noticed any improvement.  I
finally gave up and sold it.  (I probably should have tried
DAG or Sherry Krauter or someone like that, but by the time
it had been to NJ three times I was pretty frosted.)

John Newell