Subject: Re: [Leica] Entry level non-Leica
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:04:29 -0700

Thanks Nathan! Cosina fit and finish are not up to Leica standards but the
cameras, particularly the R2, are pretty damn durable and the lenses are top
notch. At the recent LHSA meeting in Portland it seems like 1/2 the folks on
the trips had a CV lens or two in their bags and many had CV bodies as
well...

Marketing is marketing. Japanese manufacturers have been licensing and
working with German firms oh, since about the Leitz Minolta agreement in the
early 1970s...

hmm...

Is everything since the SL2 and M4 (or M5) cheap and plastically and not
really a Leica?

The student could have bought a nice EOS Rebel Ti with a couple cheap and
plasticy zooms for the same money...instead they bought into a classic
system! I would have loved the option to buy an R2 instead of the VG--- M2x
and 50mm Summarit I could afford in college in the mid 1980s. My images
would have been much better and the R2 would have been much more durable...

Mark in Portland