Subject: [Leica] Leica M5
From: Robert O Beaudoin <bussbearm@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:34:50 -0500

Bonjour Jerry,

   Of course I read your post completely.  However I m afraid you did not
understand mine completely, or simply did not pay sufficient attention.

  Your Leica CL does not have an aperture close/open indicator in the
finder.  As for the ratcheted rewind lever, I m not certain, maybe you
can confirm?  Regarding the typical Leitz quality, the CL is just not up
to the M5 when it comes to the pressure plate, on the CL it feels cheap
and does not work as well.  For all these reasons, your CL cannot do all
of what the M5 can do!

  As for adaptation, I switched from an M3 to an M5 and I had no trouble
whatsoever...

  Austin, of course I was kidding.  The M5 has some disadvantages,
particularely regarding the use of the older lenses.  It just so happen
that i can live with them!  Love your posts on all things electronic,
pixels, etc.

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)