Subject: Re: [Leica] Entry-level rangefinder for a newbie?
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:34:35 -0600

Kit -

If he's willing to give up interchangeable lenses:

* Yashica Electro GSN
http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/YashicaElectro35GSN.html

or

* Canon Canonet
http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/CanonCanonet28.html

(the Canonet QL17 is a better model than the one I have).

Both of these can be found for < $100 pretty easily. I've seen them
in the $30-60 range recently, which means he can get one now, then
later as he gets richer, can step up to the LTM.

Otherwise, if he wants to start with the LTM crowd, perhaps a Canon
IVSB ($100-150) or Bessa R ($250) or beat up Leica IIIf ($200-300)
might be good choices. I'm a big fan of my Canon P, prices seem to
range from $250-400 on ebay:

http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/CanonP.html

Karen Nakamura