Subject: Re: [Leica]Korban Photo Essay
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:28:08 -0800

Red Dawn wrote:

> Wat i do is convert
> them to greyscale, convert again to duotones, and then played with
> Quadtones
> and the curves inside to get the look that i like, then apply it to all
> images. After that, tweak the images with the standard curves and
> levels to
> get the look i wanted.
>
> some pple have complained the pics look a bit yellowish on their
> monitors
> though!

Aha!  That's one of the (many) advantages of using a Mac: Internet
Explorer reads the embedded ICC profiles in JPEG files, so provided
your monitor is correctly set up (and your monitor profile has been
selected), things look they way they are inteded to.

On my monitor, the images were great.  Deep rich shadow tones, long
tonal scales, and slightly creamy highlights.

Again, thanks for posting these.  Inspirational.  And I for one liked
the fact that you posted all the images, although it will be
interesting to see your final edit too.

M.