Subject: [Leica] My get away ...
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:19:32 -0500

Gerry-
    I too feel liberated the computer. But I still LOVE the silver print and
the B+W darkroom. I miss it. I will only set up for black/white - three
baths of chemistry that are pretty easy to handle and dispose of, and it is
a get away for me as well. I go there, turn the radio /CD player on, relax
and have some fun. And come out with some great looking prints that Cone
can't match. All together - I suppose that's part of the appeal. As a
chemist for 1/2 my education , and a veterinary neuroscientist  (and a
photographer the rest of the time :-)  ) for the other, I suppose the
chemical process still has a certain appeal, and I know that emulsion
chemists are still hard at work making new and better films. Take a look at
www.eink.com (A company I consult for) -- in their mind, your computer
screen will someday go from pixels to chemistry. Kind of funny how it all
comes around.
    But I hear you - I like the freedom of working in the light as well. It
is great to have choices, isn't it?
    Main thing -- HAVE FUN - and as I said before, from the snaps of you on
your site, you look like a man who is having the most fun anyone can with
their clothes on ;-)
    Ed