Subject: Re: [Leica] disaster with the first roll?
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:14:21 +0100

my 2 i think it has to do with the age of the film as well sometimes it is
really kinked where it stuck out of the canister and i feel that that
interferes somewhat with the operation
also i notice that on an old m3 with a quickloading spool things often go
better
the same goes for the plastic thing that pushes the film into the uptake
spool
when  i received the very nice Rapidwinder
http://www.rapidwinder.com/
i noticed that the plastic thing(tulip) was missing and in the user manual
it was mentioned that in tests the thing makes no difference except that it
is in the way
in the archives i think you,ll find many good ways and comments how to load
properly and salvage duds
regards
simon jessurun